Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grand River Brewery Cask Days West

Let me start being saying this night was great!!!! The GRB guys and Ralph from Bar Volo put on one hell of a show. This was a great step to start seeing more craft beer events held outside of the GTA area and London area. I was a nasty freight train of doom spilling out into the world by the time it was over but man what great offerings. It was also nice to see some faces from the KW beer group there as well. Yes I do remember most of the night ... I think. Highlight of the night for me was a tour(which I recorded) of Rob brew master from GRB giving us a brewery tour. Rob put on quite a show I'll leave it at that. The 2 casks I enjoyed the most were both offerings from GRB. Zac's Mad Maple and the other was a quote "hyper Willamette" dry hopped version of the Mill Race Mild. The other casks still held their own but the multiple doses of the GRB ones I drank was what made the morning after a bad one. The other cask there were: Wellington County Ale, F&M All Hallows Imperial Brown Ale(which I had a full pint of at over 8abv),MacLeans Ales Barley Mow, and Railway City Double Dead Elephant. All in all a outstanding night and some great Ontario craft beers. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Great evening! A fair and accurate survey of a fantastic event!

    ReplyDelete